dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: FullBuild of v3 causing compilation problem

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 08:10:44 +0530

Wolfram Rittmeyer wrote:
> Sahoo wrote:
>> Wolfram Rittmeyer wrote:
>>>>

>>> No, it's mvn 2.0.8. This would solve the problem?
>>>
>> Yes, most likely. See [1]. BTW, the wikipage does mention the mvn
>> version as 2.0.9. You might have missed that.
>
> Jeez. I've also missed that JDK 1.6 is needed. So no luck on Tiger :-(
>
> Which means that I have to wait until I'm back home and can use my
> Linux box again. Hopefully SoyLatte will someday also run on Tiger...

The requirement of JDK version being 6 comes from Java EE 6 platform spec.
We could have done something to keep our code compatible with JDK5 and 6
allowing user to choose, but then you know the cost of testing and other
things starts to affect the real product deliverables, so we probably
have just decided to switch to JDK 6. That's my guess.