dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [GFv3] install location in distribution bits

From: Vince Kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 16:56:51 -0800

Can someone explain the justification behind this name choice?

It seems like using glassfishv3-ea will lead to a glassfishv3-beta,
glassfishv3-rcN and glassfishv3-fcs. That seems to imply that a number
of folks will have to make multiple changes, multiple times between now
and the time that v3 goes fcs...

Why not just go with "glassfishv3" and be done with the naming dance
tomorrow?

vbk