dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Create domain and extensibility

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:05:08 -0800

Frankly, what pluggability means for create-domain functionality is a
tricky thing to figure out. This is mainly because asadmin is not a
modular VM unlike server. Thus, it can't leverage the @Contract/_at_Service
stuff and ask the various contributing modules to create their
configuration. And remember, it is not just about domain.xml.

Some work needs to go into this because it might entail defining
an API for various modules to implement so that we can call various
implementing modules to do their part of domain creation.

I agree, either the extensibility or the infrastructure spec should
describe this in detail.

Vince -- sorry to be deferring answering your question. But this is
something that needs some time. Are you interested in port allocation
part of create-domain or something else as well?

-Kedar