dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Referencing JAX-RS based WebService

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:02:33 +0100

On Dec 17, 2008, at 5:49 PM, Markus KARG wrote:

> Paul,
>
> thanks for your support. But I do not understand why to log a BUG (I
> mean, nothing is broken)? Wouldn't it be better to log a RFE in the
> GlassFish tracker that JAX-RS deployed clients shall get injected
> some kind of context like this?

Sorry for the confusion, i was using bug/issue interchangeably. You
are right, an issue marked as a feature would be best.

I am not too clear on the exact technical details but i guess that
this does not need to be JAX-RS specific and there could be some
general ACC context from which the base URI could be obtained. Since
the JAX-RS client is general and not specific to any server side
artifact (there is no dynamic proxy or generation step as is the case
with JAX-WS) i am not sure how anything can get injected. Perhaps
something like this would work:

   ACCContext accc = ACCContext,getInstance();
   Client c = Client.create();
   WebResource r = c.resource(accc.getBaseUri());

?

Paul.