dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to get status of cluster instances over AMX or JMX

From: Lloyd Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:35:31 -0800

Peter,

First, AMX is JMX.

This information is available in AMX. Private MBeans
(com.sun.appserv) should not be used unless there is no alternative.

Peter, the AMX docs explain the structure of AMX, which includes the
apropos JSR 77 MBeans.

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/amx/index.html
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/amx/docs/amx.html

In this case it's easy (might be slight typos here, going from memory):

DomainRoot dr = ...;
final Map<String,J2EEServer> servers =
domainRoot.getJ2EEDomain().getJ2EEServerMap();
for( final J2EEServer s : servers.values() ) {
     final int status = s.getstate(); // see JSR 77
     if ( state == STATE_RUNNING ) {
     }
}

Lloyd