dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to get status of cluster instances over AMX or JMX

From: Sreenivas Munnangi <Sreenivas.Munnangi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 13:51:24 -0800

Peter Williams wrote:
> I need to know how to get the status (stopped, running, etc.) of a
> server instance inside a cluster using either the AMX api (preferable)
> or JMX calls. I wasn't able to find a JMX field that contains this
> information though. Does anyone know where I should be looking?
>
> -Peter

I guess, you are referring to v2.

JSR77 mBeans report the runtime state, for ex.

    * *MBean Name:*
      com.sun.appserv:j2eeType=J2EEServer,name=server,category=runtime

If the '*stateManageable' is true then you can invoke the operation
'**getRuntimeStatus*
com.sun.enterprise.admin.servermgmt.RuntimeStatus