dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: quicklook fails in BaseAdminConsoleTest (15:31 PST codebase)

From: Lloyd Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:37:05 -0700

In general, there should be a mechanism to wait precisely the right
time.

For example, if JMX Notifications were emitted by the server when
deployment was initiated and finished, the code could just wait the
correct amount of time. The deprecated V2 AMX deployment API had such
a mechanism, and JSR 88 deployment API also has one. Perhaps no such
facility is available in V3 yet, but it should be added, and then such
tests can simply wait deterministically via the appropriate API or
callback.

Lloyd