dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: nucleus.zip inclorrect dependency

From: Sahoo <sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:04:39 +0530

Vivek Pandey wrote:
> Jerome Dochez wrote:
>> Hi Vivek
>>
>> Your fix is incorrect unfortunately.
> I dont think so. See below...
>> base documentation and felix are indeed a distribution fragment, so I
>> am not sure what the problem is with your environment.
> Yes they are distribution fragments but of type 'zip'.
>
> Maven treats distribution-fragment differently (by default) when
> trying to resolve the dependency. For example, it looks for
> felix.distribution-fragment
I think it's a maven bug. I have seen it happening in some cases when
more than two maven plugins are configured as extensions. Check in maven
forum.
> and the fact is that the repository has felix.zip posted.
>
> See
> http://download.java.net/maven/glassfish/org/glassfish/osgi-platforms/felix/10.0-SNAPSHOT/.
>

> So either you release felix and basedocs as .distribution-fragment or
> have nucleus.zip pom file explicitly say the type of felix and
> basedocs is 'zip'.
If that were needed, why don't we see the problem while building web
distribution which depends on nucleus? Same with ejb/ejb-all/pom.xml
which has the following:
        <dependency>
            <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>
            <artifactId>ejb-timer-databases</artifactId>
            <version>${project.version}</version>
            <type>distribution-fragment</type>
        </dependency>

Thanks,