dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: lopsidedness of domaindir usage?

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:02:27 +0530

Jerome Dochez wrote:

>> And completeness, not haphazard development is required for "products",
>> especially, mature products.
> this was certainly not meant to be a criticism
>
> java -jar glassfish.jar mysuperweb.war is *all* some developers need,
> ever...
Yes, some developers may be satisfied with that, but they will always be
a subset of all developers using GF from NB. So, NB should use the
mechanism that works for all, not for some.

I also think we need to prioritize what we want to fix at this point of
time. Do we want:
1. asadmin start-domain working + java -jar working with some
limitations + core features of server working
OR
2. asadmin start-domain working + java -jar working - some core features
of server working

My assumption is we can't do both 1 & 2. So, we have a choice to make
and I prefer #1.

Thanks,
Sahoo