dev@glassfish.java.net

duplicate jars in glassfish/modules hk2-jar and .jar

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 19:13:45 -0700

Hi,
I notice that after unzipping web.zip, there are many jar files that
exist under 2 names, .jar and .hk2-jar
eg.
 jdbc-admin-10.0-SNAPSHOT.hk2-jar and jdbc-admin-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
console-common-10.0-SNAPSHOT.hk2-jar and console-common-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Is this how it suppose to be ?

When i make changes to my console-common and do 'mvn install' , i get
the console-common-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar. As usual, i copied over this
new jar to the modules directory and restart the server, but i don't
see the new changes i put in. Removing .felix doesn't help.

What do i need to do so that i can see my new version of the jar ? Do i
also need to build the -hk2.jar ? how ?

thanks
Anissa