dev@glassfish.java.net

[v3] Config change listening - implementing ConfigListener and registering a VetoableChangeListener

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:42:22 -0500

Hi, Jerome.

1. I understood very well in principle what you said in today's
engineering meeting about registering as a vetoable change listener (as
distinguished from implementing ConfigListener). As for the details,
you said something about casting the config object as "our
implementation" in order to register a vetoable listener.

What are the details of that? Is there an example I can look at,
because I have done some things in my change method that should be done
in a VetoableChangeListener.

If I have

@Inject
DasConfig dasConfig;

how do I register my VetoableChangeListener to detect and possibly
reject changes?

Sorry if this is obvious.

2. The change method declared on the ConfigListener interface returns an
UnprocessedChangeEvents object. If a module cannot process a config
change, should it throw an exception of some particular type, or should
it create and populate and return an UnprocessedChangeEvents object?

Thanks.

- Tim