dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Admin GUI Question about Resource Adapter Modules

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:39:54 -0700

Anissa Lam wrote:
>> Wouldn't it be nice if all the support for deploying and administering
>> connectors could be finished before v3 final, and delivered through the
>> update center?
> Thats what i mean. v3 final for sure. But i can't commit that we
> will have that before v3 final. If this is needed before then,
> someone (gui team or connectors team) can work on that and deliver
> through the update center.

So this part of the work takes so long that it will take all the time
until final to complete it?

Or you're not going to start on this part of the work until just before
it needs to be done for v3 final?

(Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you, I'm just using this as an example.)

I'm trying to get us to move away from a model where *everything* for
the next release is 10% done, and then *everything* is 20% done, and ...
and then everything is completely done, all at the same time.

I'm hoping that some things will be completely done *long* before the
deadline for the next release, and those things can be made available
through the update center as soon as they're ready.