dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Admin GUI Question about Resource Adapter Modules

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:03:35 -0700

Anissa Lam wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> For GF v3 prelude, we are only providing support for web applications
> deployment and listing, because we were told that this is the only
> supported module for deployment. I don't see any one pager or
> functional spec regarding Connector Modules in the wiki page:
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3FunctionalSpecs
>
> It is a bug in our code to also display deployed rar under web app. We
> will fix that since it should only display application with sniffer set
> to 'web'.
>
> There is no plan to support connector module for v3 prelude release in
> the console, probably will have to wait till v3 final unless someone
> write a plugin to the console and make that available through the update
> center.

So that's not something *you* are planning to do?

Admin support for connectors should be an admin GUI plugin, right?

Who's going to write that admin GUI plugin? Hasn't the admin GUI team
written the admin GUI components for connectors?

Wouldn't it be nice if all the support for deploying and administering
connectors could be finished before v3 final, and delivered through the
update center?