dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [GFv3] How do I get installDir location?

From: Byron Nevins <Byron.Nevins_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:22:02 -0700

The Implementation of ServerEnvironment is problematic because there is
plenty of functionality that is available in the impl. class but not in
the interface. Therefore the impl class is used everywhere instead of
the interface.

Here's how you get at any such well-known properties:

ServerEnvironmentImpl.getProps().get(SystemPropertyConstants.INSTALL_ROOT_PROPERTY);

You could also just do System.getProperty(...) -- it is guaranteed to be
there and correct -- if you used Launcher to startup the server. It is
frowned upon though...