dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin create-http-listener "create failed"

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:55:05 -0700

On a different, does anyone else view these sequential messages as
conflicting and potentially confusing?

test-listener create failed.
Command create-http-listener executed successfully.

I don't believe the user here is interested in knowing that the act of
sending the command to the server and receiving the failure code back
was successful (at least I think that's what it means -- please correct
me if I'm mistaken). What is the reason for printing the second message
when command submission is successful? Can we not do it, at least in
places such as above where it is both unnecessary and potentially confusing?

-Peter