dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Looping in mvn -U install

From: Nandini Ektare <Nandini.Ektare_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 13:47:20 -0700

FWIW...

I have faced this and variety of other issues with mvn -U install
I never get a working build with a freshly checked out workspace, cd v3,
and mvn -U install (including a mvn -U install in javaee-api)

What seems to work consistently though is mvn -U install in individual
subdirectories (yes, repeated attempts are required for dependencies)
And then a mvn install (forget the -U) in the root /v3 dir. The flag -U
in v3 dir always ends with one or the other issue either
dowloading/releading jars
and it fails at random places.