dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Looping in mvn -U install

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 13:46:04 -0700

Kin-man Chung wrote:
> When I did a "mvn -U install" I seemed to get into an infinite loop:
>
> INFO] Reloading plugin container for:
> com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin. The plugin artifact has changed.
> [INFO] Reloading plugin container for:
> com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin. The plugin artifact has changed.
> [INFO] Reloading plugin container for:
> com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin. The plugin artifact has changed.
> [INFO] Reloading plugin container for:
> com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin. The plugin artifact has changed.
> [INFO] Reloading plugin container for:
> com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin. The plugin artifact has changed.
> [INFO] Reloading plugin container for:
> com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin. The plugin artifact has changed.
> [INFO] Reloading plugin container for:
> com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin. The plugin artifact has changed.
> [INFO] Reloading plugin container for:
> com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin. The plugin artifact has changed.

I saw it repeat about 40 times, then the build continued. A retry saw
about 6 repetitions.
Then my build failed with

[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin' could not be retrieved from
repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin' does not exist
or no valid version could be found

I think this is the plugin that Harsha was working on, so I wonder if
the correct version is deployed
in the correct place?

I am using mvn -U, maven version 2.0.9.

Ken.