dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Help : Build Error with Freshly checked out V3

From: V B Kumar Jayanti <Vbkumar.Jayanti_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 12:15:39 +0530

Anissa Lam wrote:

> I downloaded jdk 1.5.0_16 so that i have the EXACT jdk version, mvn
> version and platform as Marina's. I still cannot reproduce the
> issue. (Note: i didn't do any update, so i am not using the
> 'fixed' version that Ken checked in).
> Anissa.

I tried the following suggestion that you had :

> Can you try doing 'rm -rf
> repository/org/glassfish/admingui/dataprovider' to remove the one
> you build yourself,
> and then edit admingui/pom.xml to remove building the dataprovider
> module, forcing it to download from the maven repository to see if
> makes any difference ?
>
> <modules>
> <module>dataprovider</module> <==== remove this module

now when i tried to build just the admingui (mvn -U install) i am
getting the following new error :

> Can you try doing 'rm -rf
> repository/org/glassfish/admingui/dataprovider' to remove the one
> you build yourself,
> and then edit admingui/pom.xml to remove building the dataprovider
> module, forcing it to download from the maven repository to see if
> makes any difference ?
>
> <modules>
> <module>dataprovider</module> <==== remove this module

although the old error is gone.

I am building on XP with maven 2.0.7 and JDK 5

Maybe i will just try removing all admin related stuff from .m2 repo and
try again.

regards,
kumar