dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: hk2.version and hk2.plugin.version in v3/pom.xml ...

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 23:32:07 +0530

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:

> Lloyd Chambers wrote:
>> Would making HK2 just another Glassfish module solve any issues?
>
> I think not.
> These are orthogonal issues. Whether we want hk2 separately or not
> depends on whether we want others to use hk2 independent of GlassFish
> v3.
>
> Whether we want to use same version of hk2 and hk2-maven-plugin *inside
> v3* is a completely v3 issue. (And this is the issue I am referring to).
I am not sure if it is completely a v3 issue. If we build the plugin as
well as artifacts using the same plugin as part of same reactor, then we
may run into a circular dependency issue. Pl. check this angle before
committing your changes. For more details, see hk2/trunk/pom.xml.
Kohsuke has documented this very nicely there.

Thanks,
Sahoo