dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] Can we use JDK 5 to build V3 ?

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:49:55 +0530

JDK 5 is fine. The error indicates that your code direcctly/indirectly
depends on StAX (javax.xml.stream), but the pom does not specify it.
The pom was earlier relying on transitive dependencies to get StAX. We
changed HK2 to not export its dependencies to others, so that we have a
chance to ship some other version of StAX. That has caused this problem.
I checked a change [rev 21581] that fixes the issue.

By the way, why is admingui not part of v3 build? I understand your team
wants to only build admingui separately, but that does not stop it from
being part of v3 build.

Thanks,
Sahoo