dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Attn: Jeanfrancois] glassfish-api version has been changed from 10.0.3 to 10.0.400

From: Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:12:00 +0100

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_sun.com>
wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2008, at 12:34 AM, Sahoo wrote:
>
> Jerome Dochez wrote:
>>
>>> I did not want to confuse folks about 3 and 100, maybe that was not such
>>> a good idea. Anyhow I don't think it matters terribly if we switch back to
>>> snapshots at some point.
>>> now there is a more important subject I would like to discuss : which
>>> version
>>>
>> For which artifact? glassfish-api or for all artifacts built as part of
>> v3. If you are asking for all artifacts, then this is what I was thinking a
>> few days back:
>> For all artifacts built out of v3, we would use 10.0.0 for prelude,
>>
> I am always confused with maven version as you can tell, but 10.0.0 is
> "after" 10.0-SNAPSHOT ?

http://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-artifact/xref/org/apache/maven/artifact/versioning/DefaultArtifactVersion.html#50

1 == 1.0 == 1.0.0

So 10.0.0 is after 10-SNAPSHOT, 10.0-SNAPSHOT and 10.0.0-SNAPSHOT as a build
with a qualifier is always before a build with a qualifier