dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Attn: Jeanfrancois] glassfish-api version has been changed from 10.0.3 to 10.0.400

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:12:34 -0700

I did not want to confuse folks about 3 and 100, maybe that was not
such a good idea. Anyhow I don't think it matters terribly if we
switch back to snapshots at some point.
now there is a more important subject I would like to discuss : which
version should we use for prelude, thereafter during development and
finally for Java EE 6 release.

should we have something like :
        dev now : 10.0-SNAPSHOT
        milestones build : ?
        prelude : 10.1.x [x starts at 0 and is incremented as we deliver
fixes to prelude]
        dev after prelude : 10.1.99-SNAPSHOT
        Java EE 6 release : 10.2.0

this of course does not have to be in sync with our product version
but should be if possible.
Also do we include the version in the jar file name we deliver ? I we
do keep the version, we will most likely have several versions of the
same jar in a particular installation, can we ensure that felix will
always resolve to the latest one when import package with open range
is specified.

jerome