dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: what is the use of the admch file?]

From: Vince Kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 10:53:02 -0700

here is the situation.

A user reports that they can start/administer GF from inside NetBeans
only when their PC is connected to the internet.

When they are not connected to the internet, they report that they have
an error message with an IP address in it.
> here is what I get when I'm not connected:
>
> Exception :
> com.sun.appserv.server.ServerLifecycleException: Cannot bind to URL:
> javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
> java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 192.168.1.104;
> nested exception is:

I have not been able to replicate their issue.

I asked the user to do a search for the IP address... One of the hits
was the admch file...

So, I am asking for information about this file so I can come up with a
strategy to resolve my users issues.

It may be a red-herring, but I figured asking about the file would help
me find out.

vbk