dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: what is the use of the admch file?]

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 10:15:41 -0700

> It is an RMI Stub generated at install time. Used to send messages from
> Node Agent to running instances.
> It is not user modifiable. It's origin is a bit of historical dig into
> current admin infrastructure.

Well, it is not generated at install time. It's also used to send notifications
from Node Agent. Yes, it is system generated.

When a user reports a problem with admch file, it generally means the user does
not reveal what actually happens ;). So, Vince, I need to know exactly why you
suspect this internal mechanism used for *specific* purpose. I am not sure if
you want to go into the detail of it, but put simply, this file is created by
a particular server instance when it is started and deleted when it is shut
down. Anyone who has "access" to this file would be able to shut the server
down.

Now, coming back to the question -- why do you suspect malfunction with this?

Regards,
Kedar