dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Resource Autodeployment

From: Jason Lee <jason_at_steeplesoft.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 11:02:27 -0500

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_sun.com> wrote:

> Yes, it will take some time to understand the relationships of these
> classes. There are a few interfaces you will need to look at (and implement
> if there is nothing you could re-use): Sniffer, Deployer, Container,
> ApplicationContainer. I am not sure if the resource backend has already had
> some kind of container implementation you could re-use, please follow up
> with Jagadish.
> If you end up having to implement everything yourself, and your container
> implementation does not need to do much but just to fit into

I may need to go that route. As I was working through the code for this
yesterday and last night, I found myself making a lot of changes specific to
my use case in ArchiveFactory, which is a bad road to go down. I may have
to go back to approach #2 or perhaps a hybrid approach (since I have the Jar
creation code working). From what I've seen so far, that's the only way I
can see to cleanly encapsulate these changes and avoid having the change
creep into unrelated areas. I had assumed I'd tie into an existing
container, but creating a new container may simplify things for me.

> the framework, you could use some of the dummy implementation there. There
> is a SimpleDeployer class you could extend, and there is also a
> DummyApplication class for the ApplicationContainer implementation. You
> could look at the SecurityDeployer and related classes for example..

I will do that. Thanks.

--
Jason Lee, SCJP
Software Architect -- Objectstream, Inc.