dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: edit/debug/build instructions for V3 -- recommended approach

From: Jason Lee <jason_at_steeplesoft.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:41:19 -0500

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_sun.com>
wrote:

> Does anyone actually follow the instructions at:
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3DevelopmentInstructions
>
> Using 'mvn gf:run' is not only incredibly slow, it starts up in HK2 mode.
>
> What are people doing/recommending at this point? I've been unjarring
> distributions/web/target/web.zip and using 'asadmin' to start the server.
> That's not working right now, but it's much faster.

That's what I do. I am forced to use Windows, but here is my cygwin-powered
.bat file, which starts the server in debug mode (thanks, Anissa!):

@echo off
set DISTRO=distributions/web
set EXTRACT_DIR=test
call mvn %1% -f core\kernel\pom.xml install
call mvn %1% -f %DISTRO%\pom.xml install
rm -rf %EXTRACT_DIR%
unzip -o %DISTRO%/target/*.zip -d %EXTRACT_DIR%

java -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=9009
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -jar
%EXTRACT_DIR%/glassfish/modules/glassfish-*-SNAPSHOT.jar

--
Jason Lee, SCJP
Software Architect -- Objectstream, Inc.