dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Moving Beyond Rails

From: Ceasless One <ethyrnet_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 17:21:32 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for responding, Arun. Is the Rack you mention Nick Siegel's Jruby-Rack? He's said he is working on an example program that will illustrate how to set up a non-Rails / non-Merb application in jrack. Warbler apparently can war up other things than Rails as well. Definitely ooking forward to your take on how all this integrates with Glassfish.

As to keeping an eye out for the blog post, no worries there, since I check Miles to go... every day in hopes of seeing just such a post. May I recommend doing your testing for Sinatra or Camping? This approach would more clearly demonstrate how to bootstrap an existing (and much simpler) non-Rails/non-Merb web framework using the leverage of both jruby-rack and glassfish.

But most importantly, keep up the great work!

Regards,
ab5tract

Hi ab5tract,

Your wish is my command :)

Rack was announced at JavaOne last week and I plan to look at using it
for deployment in GlassFish in the next few days. Stay tuned for a blog
entry at:

http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta/tags/rubyonrails+glassfish

Thanks for your comments on NetBeans and GlassFish.

-Arun