dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Review draft 2 Glass Fish v3 TP2 Release Notes

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:31:55 -0700
Hi Paul,
Here is my comment regarding draft 2 Release Notes.

-  resolve any trademark issue

- Please coordinate the name with the QSG that Scott sent out.  Where the word "Application Server"  sits ?
  RN:   GlassFish v3 Technology Preview 2 Application Server
  QSG:  GlassFish Application Server v3 Technology Preview 2

- In table 2-2,  please change the port # 4848 Administration Server to  #8080 instead.

- pg 12,  Java DB utility Scripts
 The following scripts are available for use  in the as-install/javadb/bin directory:
It should be glassfish/javadb/bin   or  as-install/glassfish/javadb/bin  because after unzip,  there is the glassfish directory.

Same as in step2 for configuration.
Set the DERBY_HOME environment variable to point to the as-install/javadb directory.

pg. 16
as-install/bin/asadmin set "server.java-config.java-home=path-to-java-home"

- pg 17. Uninstalling GlassFish
To uninstall GlassFish v3 Technology Preview 2 Application Server, you must use the
uninstallation program that is included with the software.

I am not aware of such a tool.   And if it exists, you should specify what that tool is, at least the tool name.

- pg 18 Update Tool.
It talks about how to use the update tool.  However,  i don't believe update tool is available in tp2.    bin/updatetool doesn't exist.  You should check with Nazrul about this.

thanks
Anissa

Paul Davies wrote:
Hi,

When I sent out draft 1 of the Glass Fish v3 TP2 Release Notes, I omitted information about asadmin command options that are not supported at TP2. Attached is draft 2, which rectifies that omission.

The only changes compared with draft 1 are as follows:

* I added Restrictions forGlassFish v3Technology Preview2 Application Server, which contains the new sections Unsupported Options in asadmin Commands (pp17-18).

* I moved Features Not Supported on All Operating Systems (p18) inside the Restrictions section.

If you have already reviewed draft 1, please look at the changed sections on pp 17-18.

If you have not already reviewed draft 1, please review draft 2.

Draft 2 does not include any comments that I have already received (for which many thanks). I shall wait until my orginial review deadline has passed before I process the review comments that I have already received.

If possible, please provide your feedback by the origianl deadline of Thursday, April 24, 2008.

Thank you.