dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] - some initial observations

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 09:43:45 -0800

> One other thing I am noticing, when I tried to turn on additional
> logging levels by changing the logging levels (in domain.xml) from INFO
> to FINE, it didn't appear to make any noticeable difference. Is there
> another way to specify additional logging info?

Paul,

This is being worked on. A new file called logging.properties (in domain's
config folder) has been introduced and AFAIK, this is a temporary measure.
The settings in domain.xml/logging-service will need to be supported eventually
because that file has configuration support. For now, what you can do is modify
logging.properties to set the default log level for a logger of interest and
restart the server for it to take effect.

- Kedar