dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Subversion conversion complete.

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 23:15:02 -0800

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the update.
One question I had was about the directory structure when it comes to
resources. The standard or preferred Maven structure is
src/main/resources/<appropriate-package>/<resource-files>

I am a bit uncomfortable with this. From what I have seen, developers like
to keep resources that form the strings in (e.g.) exception messages along
side the classes that create them. Thus, we might have:

src/main/java/org/glassfish/util/Util.java
src/main/java/org/glassfish/util/LocalStrings.properties

and then use a LocalStringManager that does the right thing. This can be
achieved by doing:
   <build>
     <resources>
       <resource>
         <directory>src/main/java</directory>
       </resource>
     </resources>
   </build>
in pom.xml.

So, my question is should we have that as a practice or should we strive
to do the best practice suggested by Maven?

Regards,
Kedar