dev@glassfish.java.net

Must be on-line to start glassfish?

From: Tomas Gustavsson <tomas_at_primekey.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:43:46 +0200

Hi,
I have a question that is bugging me. If I'm not on-line, for example
when I'm at the airport, I can not start Glassfish (latest V2
currently). I get an error when my application deploys that Glassfish
can not verify the DTD, because it can not go out on the net to the DTD URL.

Can this on-line verification not be turned off?
I think it is quite common that secure applications would be deployed in
a server room with no internet access, only intranet access. Also seems
very fragile if the sun-site is down, my app can not start?

DTD is from sun-ejb-jar.xml:
---
<!DOCTYPE sun-ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Sun ONE
Application Server 8.1 EJB 2.1//EN"
"http://www.sun.com/software/sunone/appserver/dtds/sun-ejb-jar_2_1-1.dtd">
---
Regards,