dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: cannot start domain for cluster profile

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:33:29 +0530

Hi Ken and Tim

I agree that this is a regression (in PE [1]), for systems that have been
configured such that their hostnames are mapped to the loop-back address
[127.0.0.1]. We have seen this occur on Linux systems [Ubuntu etc] usually,
where /etc/hosts is configured as described above as the default.

We have already asked the OpenMQ team about this and they already have a fix in
their nightlies and should be available in the next integration. We would get a
drop during the end of this week and hopefully next week's promotion would have
a fix for this. We will let this list know as soon as this is fixed.

Thanks
--Siva
[1] I said PE, because EE cluster instances have always had this as a limitation
because MQ does not support broker clusters on machines with loopback addresses.