dev@glassfish.java.net

asadmin deployment problem on Win XP

From: Karthik Sudarshan <Karthik.Sudarshan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:26:25 +0530

Hi all,
   I installed Glassfish v2 milestone 3 build (which is today's build
:) ) on Windows XP. I tried to deploy a webapp using asadmin deploy and
it failed saying the admin server is not accessible, wheresas I could
login to the admin console and deploy the same war using the admin
console. The exact message I got was this:

CLI171 Command deploy failed : Deployment of application failed - Unable
to conn
ect to admin-server. Please check if the server is up and running and
that the
host and port provided are correct.

Also, there were no errors while starting the server, I checked
server.log for that. Is this specific to Win XP? Is there a workaround
or have I missed anything? I have an install script which uses asadmin
for deploying our application, and using admin console is not an option :)

Regards,
Karthik