dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin deployment problem on Win XP

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:38:54 -0500

Hi, Karthik

> Hi all,
> I installed Glassfish v2 milestone 3 build (which is today's build
> :) ) on Windows XP. I tried to deploy a webapp using asadmin deploy and
> it failed saying the admin server is not accessible, wheresas I could
> login to the admin console and deploy the same war using the admin
> console. The exact message I got was this:

Could you try to specify the port explicitly in your deploy command see
whether it works?

asadmin deploy --port 4848 foo.ear

I noticed similar problem. Although I did "maven configure-runtime"
which configures a PE environment (which uses the default port 4848),
somehow the default port of the admin commands (not only deploy, but
also list-components etc) is no longer "4848".

- Hong