dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Compiling Glassfish in Eclipse

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 08:51:03 +0200

Tom Ware wrote:
> 2. Update entity-persistence, entity-persistence-tests and
> appserv-tests from CVS
> - entity-persistence = the source for the module
> - entity-persistence-tests = the testing module
> - appserv-tests = the appserver's quicklook tests. They are a
> prerequisite for check-in
ok, thanks to Dinesh and you I finally have those folders on my local
machine now and had been able to do cvs up inside of them. :-)
> 3. Make my changes in the entity-persistence module and compile them:
> - maven clean
> - maven build
> - I assume basic maven commands are running since you say you can do a
> full build
ok (actually did not add code yet but tried out the commands only)
> 4. Add any tests I need to the testing module and compile them:
> - maven clean
> - maven build
ok (actually did not add code yet but tried out the commands only)
> 5. Run the entity-persistence-tests
> - Some small amount of configuration and an ant task
> - If you get this far, let me know and I should be able to get you
> going quite quickly
So now next step would be 5.
Can you give me instructions on how to do that, or shall I go on using
the "Quick Test" links Dinesh provided me?

Thanks a lot, you are very helpful!
Markus