dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Compiling Glassfish in Eclipse

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 21:06:18 +0200

Tom,

thanks for you kind help, its great to become part of this project. :-)

Unfortunately I never used cvs often (I am an VSS an SVN admin only,
never used cvs outside of Glassfish) so I hope I did the correct
commands (as I wrote before, CVS is considered obsoleted by SVN by many
companies, so I never had the chance to do more than a few tests with it
before). Please find my comments inlined.

> 1. Update the Snapshot (in English: get the latest build and put it
> where the build expects it to be.) To do this, I do the following:
>
> - checkout the glassfish/bootstrap directory from cvs
Since I had built Glassfish just minutes ago thanks to the great help of
Dinesh PATIL (I think PATIL is the family name?), I just tried to
update, so I guessed the following command:

ok, cvs up -- It seems to have updated nothing -- I even didn't expect
it to do update something, because I just did it one hour ago.
> - From that directory: maven bootstrap {That downloads the latest
> snapshot and puts it in the right place}
ok, seems to have worked well.
> - note: I don't even do a full glassfish build. entity-persistence is
> quite isolated from the rest of GlassFish.
ok, so I'll never cd into that bootstrap folder anymore
> 2. Update entity-persistence, entity-persistence-tests and
> appserv-tests from CVS
> - entity-persistence = the source for the module
ok, cvs up -- nothing updated, certainly
> - entity-persistence-tests = the testing module
Well... there is no workspace/glassfish/entity-persistence-tests module
actually. I have built Glassfish, but it didn't create such a folder.

What to do now?
> - appserv-tests = the appserver's quicklook tests. They are a
> prerequisite for check-in
Same with this, no such folder.

Maven didn't create that.