dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: quicklook success?

From: Dinesh Patil <Dinesh.Patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:11:25 -0700

Bill Shannon wrote:

> Dinesh Patil wrote:
>
>> Bill Shannon wrote:

>>> What I really want is an accurate set of build instructions that
>>> changes
>>> rarely, but we don't seem to have that.
>>

>> which are the changes you see in the build instructions?
>> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/BuildGlassFish.html
>> we have all the instructions same as before. pls let me know what's
>> not accurate in this.
>

> I used the same commands I used in the past and I got an app server
> that didn't work.

this step was missing clobber (which was original build step), so the
server was corrupted by running bootstrap-all twice, which is fixed by
adding clobber by default in bootstrap-all.

> I cleaned it out and started over and got
> quicklook tests that didn't work.I had to use bootstrap-pe instead
> of bootstrap.

this is due to open bug (we can exclude these tests but we may have fix
soon on this) bootstrap-pe is just a option for getting quicklook
success status if that's what you were asking, so i specified this..

We cannot document such bugs or workarounds on build pages since these
are under development, and will be fixed soon..

so no change in basic instructions, we will get rid of "-pe" options
also once we have JKS fix available, so we are really in the transition
phase to V2 which will be fixed by Milestone 2.

thanks
Dinesh