dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: quicklook success?

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:57:56 -0700

Dinesh Patil wrote:
> Bill Shannon wrote:
>
>> Dinesh Patil wrote:
>>
>>> we do not have such mailing list which will show the latest changes
>>> in build instructions.. but this wiki link can be used for developers
>>> to add errors/workarounds
>>> http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Projects/GlassFishBuildQuestions
>>

>> What I really want is an accurate set of build instructions that changes
>> rarely, but we don't seem to have that.
>

> which are the changes you see in the build instructions?
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/BuildGlassFish.html
> we have all the instructions same as before. pls let me know what's not
> accurate in this.

I used the same commands I used in the past and I got an app server
that didn't work. I cleaned it out and started over and got
quicklook tests that didn't work. I had to use bootstrap-pe instead
of bootstrap. I don't reread the instructions and mentally diff them
every time I need to do a build. I try to keep up with all the email
on this subject, but there's more than I can track.

For people who are building glassfish every day, the current approach
may be working fine. I only build it every month or two and I always
seem to run into one glitch or another.

When I get a chance to review the latest build instructions, I'll let
you know if there's anything that's still not clear or correct, based
on my limited experience.