dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Compiling Glassfish in Eclipse

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:38:02 -0700

Dinesh,

Here are my notes:

2. Configure Build Variables.

Aren't the other 2 variables absolutely unnecessary and can cause
trouble if building more than 1 version of the source?
If yes, please completely remove the reference to them.

4. Build the sources

It would be nice to explain the difference between bootstrap and
bootstrap-all. Also, you do not per say build anything by calling
either of them, right? If yes, they deserve there own section
independent of the build.

5. Configure or Install Server: This step will configure or install server to
use runtime.

What is the "runtime"? People new to GF won't understand why do they
need to run it.
Another question: why is it configure or install? How do these options
differ? How do you choose one vs. another?

6. Clean Build, Uninstall Server

Why would you want to clean only one module, starting from 'bootstrap'?
Won't it be easier to run 'maven clean' inside that particular module?

Please explain in more details 'maven clean-config' - this is the only
place on the page where you mention DAS, and token replaced files.

HTH,
-marina