dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: We need an externally visible machine that we own

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:17:12 -0700

What OS is running on there? IIRC, Solaris 10 has a recipe to acquire
the right to run on port 80 for it.

There was a question on the admin mailing list (see attachement) about
setting virtual hosts for GlassFish. I have not seen a reply yet.

        - eduard/o

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
> Amy Roh wrote:
>
>> We have an external machine that hosts hudson -
>> http://glassfishbuildtools.sun.com:8000.
>

> I think we should set up an Apache front end so that:
>
> 1. we can run Glassfish in a non-privileged port
> (as us users, instead of as root)
>
> 2. we can set up virtual host so that multiple services
> can be run under different users.
>
> Who owns this machine? Can I login to this machine?

attached mail follows:

The glassfish has embedded virtual domains like apache ?

ex: www.jose.org on 200.200.200.200 (example ip ) redirects to jose.war
     www.maria.org on 200.200.200.200 (SAME ip ) redirects to maria.war

?

Tnks in advance !

               E S C R I B A   I N F O R M A T I C A
        ***        http://javacoffe.blogspot.com        ***
The only stupid question is the unasked one (somewhere in Linux's HowTo)
Linux registred user : #230601
--                                        ICQ   : 1647350
$ look into "my eyes"                     Phone : +55 041 2106-1212
             Reply: dyego_at_escriba.com.br