dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: target milestone and build numbers

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:47:54 -0700

IMO, the whole version number scheme is designed to cause confusion
and does little to help customers make sense of what they have. If
we stuck to numbers only, the confusion would go away:

9.0
9.0.1 (minor update)
9.0.2 (minor update)
9.1 (medium update "UR1")
9.1.1 (minor update of 9.1 "UR1")
9.2 (medium update "UR2")

This is just so much easier to understand that tacking on "URx" and
"vX".

Lloyd