dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Hudson Related ...

From: Dinesh Patil <dinesh.patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 21:59:32 -0700

For reference, I have the blog on Glassfish build continuously on Hudson
application: *http://blog.sun.com/dpatil
*
In hudson, job configuration
http://glassfishbuildtools.sun.com:8000/hudson/job/glassfish (/configure
which is not accessible other than admin-role) we have setup "module as
glassfish/bootstrap" in "Source Code Management" as checking out
glassfish would be too long as it will checkout unnecessary
modules/source from java.net under glassfish modules.

But the side effect of this is only checkins in glassfish/bootstrap
module are been detected by Hudson tool in "Changes" section of the job,
and not all GlassFish modules. We will need to see another option to get
this same functionality as Tinderbox, but currently we have similar
functionality in "Changes" section of the build status, which shows
integrations in "glassfish/bootstrap" module only.

 Source Code Management
None
CVS
CVSROOT
*module glassfish/bootstrap*
branch
CVS_RSH
Use update
      If checked, Hudson will use 'cvs update' whenever possible, making
the build faster. But this causes the artifacts from the previous build
to remain when a new build starts.
Subversion

thanks
Dinesh