dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deployment of Glassfish module jars to Maven repository

From: Carla Mott <Carla.Mott_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:49:27 -0800

HI Wayne,

I understand that there is confusion around the license and I'm
trying to clear that up. Hopefully this will be done in the next
week or so. There is an assumption (because of the wording on
the website) that the source is covered under CDDL and the binary
under Sun's binary license. Really what is true is source AND
binary are covered under CDDL for all binary components which have
source available. If the source is not available then those components
are covered either under Sun's binary license or a third party license
depending on where the code comes from. It's the non CDDL stuff that
I need to understand before I can make changes to the site.

As I mentioned I'm working on clarifying this point. When that is done
then we can start talking about your request of breaking up the GlassFish
artifacts in smaller Maven friendly bundles and put them out on a Maven
repository where we can. There have been requests from others too. Currently,
however, focus is on generating a final build and an RI.

Please file an RFE in issue tracker so we can track this. Also we
would love to get help when the time comes.

Thanks,
carla

--
Carla Mott