dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: sample web service application

From: Dhiru Pandey <Dhiru.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:03:33 -0800

Vijay Ramachandran wrote:

>>Oh. I have misunderstood the specifications. Sorry about that. What
>>JSR (if any) defines the standard packaging for Java EE 5 web services -
>>so that I can create a WAR that is portable across Java EE 5
>>containers? Or is that a non-goal of Java EE 5?
>>

>JSR109v1.2 does specify the packaging requirements for a service. At a
>minimum, the developer should package the JAXWS endpoint impl class
>(using proper annotations) in a WAR / JAR; the platform implementation
>should take care of the rest. If the developer packages webservices.xml,
>then that has to be present in WEB-INF or META-INF depending on the type
>of endpoint (and in this case WebService.wsdlLocation should point to
>the packaged WSDL). If you package webservices.xml, then the values in
>webservices.xml override the values in the corresponding @WebService
>annotation. I have cc'ed the 109v12 spec lead here. He will chime in, if
>I missed some detail.

One clarification - JSR109 v1.2 at the moment does not explicitly
specify what defaults are used when no web.xml in the WAR exists. This
will be fixed in the upcoming maintainance release for the spec. along
with other things which were added after the last maintainance review
for JSR109 v1.2

Thanks
-Dhiru