dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish build process: can't it be easier?

From: Dinesh Patil <dinesh.patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:38:58 -0800

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Dinesh Patil wrote:
>
>> Kohsuke,
>> Updated Build instructions with the feedback below. Please review it
>> and let me know if you see anything missing.
>> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/BuildGlassFish.html
>

> I think it's shorter now, so that's good.
>
> Fonts aren't done correctly. You aren't closing </pre>.

yes will fix this.

> I think it's also incorrect to say:
>
> This may take much longer depending on your Computer and ISP speed.
>
> My understanding is that "maven checkout" will checkout all the
> modules. So it shouldn't make any difference in terms of the build time.

Yes that's correct, but user has option to checkout only required
modules using -Dmodules=appserv-core so not required to checkout all the
modules which may take longer.

But this in context where we are specifying "maven checkout" this is not
applicable, so will remote or rephrase it.
thanks
Dinesh