dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please tell me this isn't an issue...

From: Kedar Mhaswade <kedar.mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:16:16 -0700

Following holds:
- only required port while creating domain is admin port.
- all the ports required for domain creation can be explicitly specified
while creating domain. setup.xml, chooses a subset of ports for explicit
specification.
- all the ports except admin port have default values.
- if a port is specified explicitly, it must be free else domain
creation fails.
- if a port is not specified, a default value is assumed if the default
is free. If default is not free, a free port is assumed.

Answer to your question: if you modify the setup.xml to search+replace
the (explicitly specified) ports so that they are free, you will not
have conflicts.

If one the other hand, you:
- create a vanilla domain.
- search+replace domain.name and ports and create another domain.
- start II domain.
- then attempt to start I domain.

The I domain will cease to start.