dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: bootstrap-all and commons-loggin-api.jar

From: Dinesh Patil <dinesh.patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:25:12 -0700

Matthew L Daniel wrote:

>When I execute 'maven bootstrap-all', things go pretty well until it
>gets to:
>

>> [echo] Publishing commons-logging.jar...
>>

>when it fails with:
>

>>Warning: Could not find file /usr/src/cvs/java.net/glassfish/work/publish/glassfish/lib/commons-logging-api.jar

There is a commons-logging binary dependency on glassfish which contains
this jar file.
 % jar -tvf commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
 26202 Wed Jun 16 01:59:24 PDT 2004 commons-logging-api.jar

>A `find .../publish -name commons\*` turns up:
>.../publish/glassfish/lib/commons-logging.jar
>
>Is the "-api" a type-o or should there be a commons-logging-api.jar
>
>somewhere in the tree?

In glassfish/bootstrap/glassfish.xml we are renaming this to
commons-logging.jar
 <!-- Rename commons-logging-api.jar to commons-logging.jar -->
        <echo message="Publishing commons-logging.jar..."/>
        <move file="${commons-logging-api.jar}"
tofile="${commons-logging.jar}"/>

the above variables are defined in glassfish/bootstrap/project.properties
commons-logging.jar=${glassfish.home}/lib/commons-logging.jar
commons-logging-api.jar=${glassfish.home}/lib/commons-logging-api.jar

So this is not a typo, but i believe the downloaded binary dependency is
not correct in your case when you ran bootstrap-all, so please check the
size/file contents of commons-logging-1.0.4.jar in ${maven.repo.local}
which has default value of ${glassfish.root}/glassfish_dependencies, and
this may be corrupted or downloaded from wrong remote repository since
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ which comes in last in
${maven.repo.remote}. So if http://download.java.net/javaee5 is down or
some network glitch, this may happen that this binary file downloaded
from http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ which will be incorrect for our
build, and it will fail with the error you saw..

so please cleanup your $maven.repo.local
(${glassfish.root}/glassfish_dependencies) commons-logging and run
following again which will solve the issue.

% maven checkout clobber bootstrap-all build

So in that case we don't need the patch which you sent yesterday.
thanks
Dinesh