dev@fi.java.net

FI ME 0.1

From: Changshin Lee <iasandcb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 22:59:52 +0100

Hi all,

After I released StAX ME (http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr/stax-me) 0.1 right
before, I started working on FI ME based on the current FI code. I just
finished porting it to CLDC while several implementations still remain.
FI ME is published at http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr/fi-me for your review.

I have a couple of items I've found during this work.

1. Two XMLChar classes
There are two different XMLChar in FI source. It seems that XMLChar in
fi.util is not used.

2. matchWhiteSpaceDelimnatedWords
I'm curious of the word "Delimnated"and what the method tries to do. I'm
actually slightly confused with the pattern "\\s" because Java 5 SE API
doc says "\s" is a whitespace character.

3. Advice
I just worked on making FI ME compilable on CLDC, and think I need to
cut some weight out of it because at my first sight it looks a little
bit heavy in terms of binary size and number of classes, fields, and
methods. Please let me get your advice and recommendation on
streamlining FI ME, particularly, considering that FI ME supports only StAX.

I'll post more details when I complete FI 0.1.

Thank you for your interest,

Ias