jsr345-experts@ejb-spec.java.net

[jsr345-experts] Keeping on track

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:02:11 -0700

Dear Experts,

Before we go any further on the discussions of the spec improvements, we
need to close on several issues with the current version:

1. Vote on the optionality of the Entity Beans and JAX-RPC based Web
Service Endpoints (and the split of the spec into 2 parts, but the split
is the secondary issue). I have only 3 votes (positive) so far.

2. Close on the items marked by Linda as XXX in the drafts.

3. Define *deterministic* rules in the EJB spec about EJB Lite vs. EJB
Full list of features in regards to the EJB support in a Web Profile
container. In addition to be very flexible (contrary to the regular Java
EE approach, and the expectations of the EJB TCK), the current wording
in the spec does not make it clear a) what is expected and what is not
in the Web Profile, and b) if we keep it flexible, how a user (at
deployment and/or runtime) can determine if a specific feature outside
EJB Lite is available/supported.

The same applies to the Embeddable EJB Container.

Thank you,
-marina