dev@ws-test-harness.java.net

Re: Test Descriptor attribute to 'skip' tests?

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:23:01 -0700

Sorry for the delay in the response.

Ken Hofsass wrote:
> Hearing no objectsions :) I went ahead and added this into
> jaxws-test-harness and then integrated into wsit workspace. Disabled
> wsrm/dispatch (harness shortcoming) and wsrm/testserver (incompletely
> ported tests). Added as optional 'skip' attribute on main
> 'test-discriptor' element (defaults to false).

I'd propose you count a skipped test as a failure. If you just don't run
such a test at all, it's too easy to forget it and leave it skipped forever.

The other technique I occasionally use is to mark a test as excluded
from the current version. In that way, you'll see the failure again when
you move on to the next version.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi